Your Guide to the Pima County Fair
Tucson’s most anticipated annual event is just around the corner – the Pima County Fair! Remember to mark your calendars from April 16th to 26th because the fair is here to provide one-of-a-kind entertainment for the whole family.
Over the course of 11 days, this event attracts approximately 250,000 visitors from across the country. From amazing shows and wild rides to lively bands and, of course, sumptuous food – the 2015 Pima County Fair is a fully-loaded-package of pure fun!
Every year, the fair brings a plethora of fun-filled activities. Some of the star attractions of this colossal event are as follows:
- Carnival: This carnival is split into The Kiddie Land Carnival and The Tuscon Weekly Carnival. While the former focuses on child-friendly entertainment, the latter is sure to boost your adrenaline levels. With approximately 60 rides and 50 games, you and your family can enjoy endless hours of entertainment at the carnival. It’s also sure to satisfy your taste buds with delicious food you can only find at a classic carnival such as this. The ticketless ‘FunPass’ makes it easy to ride all the rides without any hassle of bringing cash.
- Daily Events: There is no place for boredom at the Pima County Fair. Every day of the event is filled with action. For animal lovers, there is the Bird Show and the Sea Lion Slash. For those fascinated by automobiles, there is the Door Slammers Car Club Show. Those interested in food and drinks have grills and ‘Beerfest’ awaiting them.
- Events such as ‘Words Hurt’, where children sign pledges against bullying and the Military Appreciation Day give more depth to the fair than coming for pure entertainment.
- Food: This fair is a one-stop location for mouthwatering delicacies. As they say on the Pima County Fair website, “It’s once a year and it’s finally here! Time to indulge in the fabulous Pima County Fair food! If you are looking for deep fried or grilled, dipped in batter or dipped in honey, on a stick or in a cone, hot or cold, or sweet and sticky then you’ve come to the right place! Bring the family, bring your friends and always be sure to bring your appetite! You deserve it and you’re worth it!”
- Concerts: Concerts are a fundamental part of the Pima County Fair. The celebrity attractions this year include renowned artists like David Nail, and Switchfoot among many other. For a full list check out the concerts page on their website.
- Horse Shows: Horse shows have been an inherent part of the fair for the last 25 years. Winners get recognized in the form of ribbons, trophies and exorbitant cash prices. The Cantina Bar and Grill offers its services throughout the night events too in case you get hungry or thirsty.
Knowing the fair hours and admission fee will allow you to come prepared, so that you don’t miss a single event.
- Mondays through Fridays: 1 pm until close
- Weekends: 10 am until close
- Mondays through Fridays: 3 pm until close
- Weekends: 11 am until close
- Adults and Children 11 and above: $8
- Children between 6 and 10 years: $4
- Children 5 years and under: Free
- There is a $5 parking fee.
Don’t miss out on the Pima County Fair if you’re looking for fun things to do for the whole family in Tucson!
The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is an exclusive community featuring some of the most exquisite luxury homes in Tucson, Arizona. This luxury Dove Mountain real estate community includes expansive custom homesites as well as eight superb floor plans, giving you the opportunity to design your dream home. Management by The Ritz-Carlton provides the added touch of world-class service, with valets and concierges, and the option of cooks and housekeepers. Your Tucson custom home will be a relaxing haven where you can unwind while we handle the details of housekeeping, yard work and exterior maintenance. For more information visit www.theresidencesdovemountain.com.