Your Guide to Reid Park
Reid Park in Tucson, Arizona is spread over an area of 131 acres, the foundation of which was laid in 1925. The park was the brainchild of Wills Barnum and his spouse and cost approximately $15,000 to build.
Initially, the park was referred to as Randolph Park in recognition of an esteemed resident of Tucson. The venue, however, was renamed in honor of its first director. Nonetheless, certain areas inside the main park still maintain the prefix name of Randolph.
What Awaits You Inside
Reid Park has a little something for everyone, whether you’re a nature or animal lover, a sports enthusiast or movie buff – this is the place to be in Tucson.
Sports and Performance Venues
- Baseball Stadium – The park has a baseball stadium known as Hi Corbett Field. This stadium can hold up to 9,500 people. It is also where the Colorado Rockies used to do spring training and is currently home to the Arizona Wildcats baseball team.
- Open Air Concert Venue – The DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center is a large amphitheatre having the potential to cater to about 7,000 people. This venue screens films and hosts a plethora of local festivals and concerts.
- Reid Park Zoo – The zoo showcases approximately 100 exotic species and 500 animals. Unlike conventional zoos where all you can do is gaze at the animals, this zoo allows you to enjoy a camel ride and get up close to many of the animals. A highly innovative feature of Reid Park is the animal adoption program. You could also volunteer to help the staff with certain zoo tasks!
- Rose Garden – This venue located inside Reid Park showcases about 800 plants. With more than 100 species of roses. Housing an enormous gazebo, this location is also open for hosting birthdays and weddings. The beauty of this place will surely delight your senses. Located in Central Tucson, on 22nd St. and Country Club Rd. (85716), for more information, call 520-791-4873, Ext. 0
- The Lake at Reid Park and Barnum Hill – located in the southwest corner of Reid Park, just north of the pond and Barnum Hill. There is a waterfall on Barnum Hill that flows into the lake which is quite beautiful and worth your time if you’re in the area.
Reid Park has a lot more to offer, such as:
- Jim Reffkin Tennis Facility
- Emil Bossard Annex Fields – Also known as Reid Park Annex.
- Randolph Golf Complex – The golf course started operations in 1925 and is renowned for its outstanding facilities and amenities.
- Horseshoe Pitching Facility – A proud home for Tucson Horseshoe Pitchers’ Club.
- Edith Ball Adaptive Recreation Center – Encompasses two swimming pools, one for recreation and the other for therapy.
- Miko’s Corner Playground Dog Park – A place for your pet. No leash required, so you can set your pooch free to run around the park and get some exercise.
Reid Park is located at E 22nd St, Tucson, AZ 85716. For more info check out TripAdvisor for more information.
The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is an exclusive community featuring some of the most exquisite luxury homes in Tucson, Arizona. This luxury Dove Mountain real estate community includes expansive custom homesites as well as eight superb floor plans, giving you the opportunity to design your dream home. Management by The Ritz-Carlton provides the added touch of world-class service, with valets and concierges, and the option of cooks and housekeepers. Your Tucson custom home will be a relaxing haven where you can unwind while we handle the details of housekeeping, yard work and exterior maintenance. For more information visit www.theresidencesdovemountain.com.