Luxury Home Trends: Bathroom Views
The latest luxury home trend is focused on a certain room in the house that’s not typically given much thought… until now. Believe it or not, bathrooms with a view are in high demand in luxury homes. Here’s what the current luxury homeowner wants.
Top 5 Luxury Bathroom Design Elements
- Many custom homes feature a skylight above the bathtub. As the bath is a prime method of relaxation, it’s no wonder buyers now look for a room with a view. Not only does a skylight provide natural sunlight—crucial to any makeup addict’s routine—it also provides breathtaking views of the night sky. Cultivating a luxury experience from a mundane activity is what makes a custom home stand out above the rest.
- Similarly, waterfront views from the shower are in high demand for the same reasons as skylights—the ambiance they provide is unparalleled. It’s not uncommon for architects to design high end homes around the natural elements of coastal cities like San Diego and Miami as well as the spectacular skylines of New York City and San Francisco.
- Rather than planning the bathroom as an afterthought, custom designers are now considering the location and features of the master bath from the start. Whether it offers a view of a famous landmark like the Space Needle or is designed with the buyer’s hobbies and talents in mind, a custom bathroom has the potential to be one of the most stunning rooms of the house. Gold or crystal accents, a fireplace next to the claw foot tub, heated floors—luxurious “extras” are now commonplace in high end homes.
- “Smart” walls have increased in popularity to allow for a stunning glass effect from the flip of a switch. Want a frosted wall? Opaque? The homeowner can control and change it in an instant to provide privacy—not to mention a stunning spa-like effect. This feature is so popular that the smart glass industry is expected to reach nearly $5 billion within the next five years.
- In-home spas are nothing new; however, the luxury market continues to find ways to up the ante. From saunas and steam rooms to freestanding jetted tubs with custom lighting, a spa-like bathroom can be as extravagant as the buyer wishes it to be. Even seemingly small details matter, such as framed mirrors and upgraded cabinetry that extends to the ceiling for a clean, modern look. Don’t forget the shower—frameless glass partitions, multiple removable shower heads, and a sitting area will complete the spa design.
Design your luxury bathroom by drawing inspiration from one of the top five trends or opt for traditional upscale features—the choice is yours. What matters is the realization that luxury bathrooms of today are no longer hidden from sight. They provide the homeowner a personal sanctuary to be enjoyed for years to come and, in fact, increase the property value in the long run as well.
Contact us today to view our luxury Dove Mountain homes for sale.