Marana Farm & Food
With a plethora of restaurants and cafes in downtown Tucson, foodies have little reason to venture outside of the city. However, the lesser-known town of Marana, which sits just northwest of Tucson, has long been a hub for all things regional. From local hotspots to community farms, here are the must-eat foods both in the neighborhood and nearby. Check out our list of farm-to-table restaurants in Marana as well as the best Farmer’s Markets and local boutique food shops in town.
Best for Drinks
- Catalina Brewing Co. – This local watering hole serves beer of all styles from light ales to heavy hitting IPAs. Locals love the amber ale made with agave nectar and ground mesquite. The aptly-named 24 Hop is a double IPA that has been hopped (you guessed it) 24 times. It’s served in two ways—unleaded as an Imperial IPA and leaded to include dark-roasted coffee. If you prefer your beer sweet, you’ll love the creaminess of La Rosa, an ale made with local hand-picked prickly pear fruit. http://www.catalinabrewingco.com/
- Core Kitchen & Wine Bar at The Ritz-Carlton – You can’t immerse yourself in gastronomy any further than you can at Core Kitchen, where you can pick fruits from the orchard to have them muddled and squeezed into a morning cocktail. You can also order a refreshing cocktail made with Whiskey Del Bac, a locally distilled whiskey aged in mesquite barrels. Visit website.
- Dove Mountain Brewing – Through a commitment to the local craft beer scene, Dove Mountain is able to promise nothing but regional beer—not only from their own establishment but from neighboring Tucson brewers as well. With a motto like “AZ proud”, you can count on great tasting brews from Catalina Brewing, Barrio Brewing, and Ten Fifty-Five Brewing companies to name a handful. http://www.dovemountainbrew.com/
For Farmer’s Market Junkies
- Heirloom Farmers Market – Visit Oro Valley to scoop up fresh produce grown by Maggie’s Farm. Get your carb fix at booths run by Trigo Y Maize or Country Harvest Pantry—both of which offer wheat products from BKW Farms. Nothing beats fresh eats from your own backyard—from farm fresh eggs to fruits and veggies. https://www.heirloomfm.org/
- Santa Cruz River Farmers Market – Visit every Thursday from 4-7pm for local produce from the Community Food Bank Enterprise. Visit Facebook page
- Food Conspiracy Food Co-op – Open to members and non-members alike, Food Conspiracy has been a Tucson staple since 1971. Marana residents are welcome to shop at the brick-and-mortar store for organic produce, fresh herbs, and beer/wine. http://www.foodconspiracy.coop/
Eat Local, Support Local
- Barrio Bread – Who doesn’t love a warm hunk of bread? At Barrio Bread, Marana residents can snag fresh bread baked with ingredients from BKW and the family-owned Hayden Flour Mills. http://barriobread.com/index.html
- Nana’s Kitchen – As its name suggests, Nana’s is a family owned restaurant in Marana that has been serving up authentic Sonoran style Mexican for the last nine years. It’s great for foodies of all types—from the breakfast lover to the critic who judges a Mexican food joint by its chips, salsa, and margaritas. http://mexicanrestauranttucson.com/
There’s no doubt about it – Marana prides itself on having a rich culture complete with authentic regional food and drinks.
About Our Dove Mountain Community
The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Dove Mountain is a community of luxury custom homes where every detail has been carefully considered, from thoughtful site planning to magnificent home designs that enhance the beautiful desert views and foster a lifestyle that fuses the indoors and outdoors.
The custom homesites give owners the opportunity to design the luxury home of their dreams. However, if you prefer to move in more quickly, there are customizable floor plans, which can be finished to meet your specific wants and needs.
At The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Dove Mountain, you may select from eight custom home floor plans to suit every need and lifestyle, but these suggestions may only be a starting point. Collectively, your wishes combined with the expertise of the competent and creative design staff, allow your residence to emerge as your very own distinctive home, reflecting your family and its lifestyle. Luxury custom homes in The Residences range from just under 1,700 to nearly 5,500 square-feet and are available in two neighborhoods.
Finding out whether or not it is just right for you begins with a call: 877-451-7205.