Luxury Home Trends in Arizona
To most home buyers, a nice home in a desirable location is the most important factor. Luxury home buyers, on the other hand, often consider other factors beyond the price tag and zip code. Luxury buyers in today’s market demand a multitude of upscale home features. Take a look at these top luxury home trends.
A true luxury home will emit sophistication and style. It will include but not be limited to:
- A spa-like bathroom with a walk-in shower, soaker tub, dual vanities, and heated floors. Special attention will be paid to décor and muted color schemes.
- A pristine exterior with lush landscaping, water features, and an outdoor kitchen and furnished area for entertaining.
- A custom pool with waterfalls, underwater grotto, tanning ledge, and heated spa.
- A luxurious interior with an emphasis on large walk-in spaces like closets and temperature-controlled wine rooms.
- Extra rooms such as a second dining room or lavish home study, office, and library.
- The latest technology that will control everything from ambient lighting to Bluetooth sound systems and from heated showers to electric solar shades.
Rather than remodel an existing home, luxury buyers often build homes with custom features that fit their lifestyle. It’s not uncommon for fitness enthusiasts to build a high end home gym with a lap pool. Game rooms and theatre rooms with stadium seating continue to be a top trend with more extravagant features and electronics every year. A custom outdoor entertaining area is highly coveted especially in Arizona with warm temperatures year-round. From overlooked rooms like the master suite to high-traffic areas like the kitchen, designing a dream home is all about the discerning personal touch. Hobbies and interests are often incorporated into the overall interior design.
Top Notch Security
A safe street block is not enticing enough for the luxury home-buying market. Your next custom home will be in a gated community with a state of the art home security system. Other safety and security features will include a:
- Luxury or utility safe: Vaults that are custom built to protect high value items like jewelry and firearms.
- Complete home monitoring system: Includes fire detection, surveillance cameras, intrusion alarms, interior conference systems, and motion detectors with remote alerts—particularly around points of entry and pools for when children are in the home.
- Safe room: A secure, centrally-located “panic” room that can be accessed quickly in the event of an intruder.
A luxury home should have several local perks easily accessible to the homeowner and close enough to lend added prestige to the neighborhood.
- Members-only golf courses
- Outdoor fitness areas such as scenic hiking trails and bike paths
- High end retail shopping and dining options
- Popular nightlife destinations like VIP clubs, exclusive wineries, cigar bars, and restaurants
- 24-hour concierge for errands, appointments, and home maintenance
- Housecleaning service with a specialty in luxury finishes, linens, paintings, and crystals.
Luxury home trends change from year to year, but one element remains consistent… The top selling custom homes incorporate timeless features with just enough charm and individuality to appease even the most particular homebuyer.
If you’re interested in learning more about our custom homes and estate-sized homesites at The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, contact us today.