Free Events & Things to Do in Tucson
This is a great time of year to get out and enjoy all that Tucson has to offer. If you are looking for free events in the area you are in luck. From live music to plenty of fun downtown, there is a host of free events happening around the area.
Free Events You Can Enjoy in Tucson
Here is just a glimpse of some of the free events happening around Tucson.
- 2nd Saturdays Downtown – The 2nd Saturday of each month sees the downtown Tucson area, come alive with live music, good food, store discounts and plenty of entertainment. Any time between 2 pm and 8 pm you can head downtown and join in the fun. The Live music and entertainment is free, however grabbing food will cost you extra depending on where you eat.
- Friday Night Live – At Main Gate Square on Friday nights you can enjoy the free Jazz Summer Concert Series. With new jazz artists playing every week you can enjoy the great atmosphere that takes place as everyone gets together to listen to some awesome music and relax. You can get your parking validated at the gates and local restaurants are on hand in case you need to grab some dinner.
- Movies in the Park – If you are looking to lay back and relax under the stars then Friday night movies in the park at Reid Park is the perfect place to be. Bring chairs, blankets and a picnic and enjoy a free family friendly movie, each Friday night throughout the summer months. All movies are family friendly and start around 8pm.
- UA Arboretum – The UA Campus Arboretum is one of the oldest green spaces in Arizona. You can take a free self-guided tour throughout the arboretum learning about different plant species as you go. There is plenty to see and you will head through many different types of landscapes as you wander through the arboretum.
- Biking and Hiking Trails – Whether you are looking for a short flat hike, or you are looking to spend hours out on your mountain bike, you can do it all just a short drive from Tuscon. The Douglas Spring Trail is an easy trail which leads you to a beautiful waterfall or you can take a more strenuous climb at Safford Peak. With over 80 different trails you are sure to stay busy all year long.
As you can see having fun in and around Tucson does not have to cost a lot of money. Why not try one of these free events out this weekend!
The Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain is an exclusive community featuring some of the most exquisite luxury homes in Tucson, Arizona. This luxury Dove Mountain real estate community includes expansive custom homesites as well as eight superb floor plans, giving you the opportunity to design your dream home. Management by The Ritz-Carlton provides the added touch of world-class service, with valets and concierges, and the option of cooks and housekeepers. Your Dove Mountain home will be a relaxing haven where you can unwind while we handle the details of housekeeping, yard work and exterior maintenance. For more information visit www.theresidencesdovemountain.com.