Best Upscale Retail Shops in Tucson
You can tell a lot about a city from its shopping centers. Tucson is no stranger to upscale restaurants and galleries, so it’s only natural its retail stores follow suit. Take a look at the top three shopping experiences for the designer-savvy shopper.
La Encantada $$$
2905 E Skyline Dr 85718
If you’re looking for something a bit nicer than your run of the mill city mall, La Encantada is your answer. Not only will you find beautiful clothes, shoes, and bags, you’ll shop in style as you walk through the center’s courtyard admiring the Spanish architecture. Once you’ve made your rounds on the lower level, peruse the second story shops via beautiful winding staircases. The open-air layout is perfect for enjoying Tucson’s sunny weather year-round.
- Shops: Cole Haan, J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, Tiffany & Co., Kate Spade, Lululemon, M.A.C., Crate&Barrel, L’OCCITANE.
- Dining: RA Sushi Bar, North Italia, Humble Pie-Pizza Wine and Spirits, Blanco Tacos and Tequila
- Events: Enjoy free yoga classes at Lululemon through May 2016. If you prefer to break a sweat with cardio, join locals at “Meet me at La Encantada” every Wednesday at 5:15 PM. The event features a preliminary strength workout with both running and walking groups to follow.
St Philip’s Plaza $$
4280 N Campbell Ave 85718
You’re likely to spend less than you would in the shops at La Encantada; however, St. Philip’s Plaza is just as gorgeous and worthy of your wallet. Take a stroll through the plaza and enjoy beautiful fountains, rose gardens, and cobblestone paths lined with Eucalyptus trees. Visit on the right day and you may be treated to a live concert or “Tango in the Plaza.” Those who love to shop local will appreciate the fact it’s been family-owned and operated since the early 90s.
- Shops: W Boutique, Finale, AK Jensen Apparel, Pear Tree House, Gadabout Salon Spas
- Dining: Amalour Revival Lounge, Scordato’s Pizzeria, Union Public House, Reforma Cocina Y Cantina
- Events: The Sunday Farmers’ Market is St. Philip’s biggest draw with a weekly rotation of artisans and local vendors. Open Saturday and Sunday 9 AM – 1 PM.
4th Avenue $-$$
434 E 9th St 85705
Don’t let the funky, colorful displays of Fourth Avenue fool you; there are over 100 shops including art galleries, bookstores, and boutiques. While the vibe certainly reflects its hippie-inspired threads and kitschy souvenirs, you may land on a few upscale gems worthy of a birthday gift or two. When you’ve grown tired of shopping, hit one of the locally owned restaurants or bars to unwind.
- Shops: Antigone Books, Rustic Candle Co., Creations, Del Sol, Evon Perez Designer Jewelry and Art, L Iguana Art Gallery
- Dining: Delectables, Magpies, Ermano’s Craft Beer and Wine Bar, The Coronet, Bison Witches, Café Passé.
- Events: Check out the Fourth Avenue Events page to stay up to date on all the action. Fourth Avenue is best known for its semi-annual street fair every spring and winter.
No matter what you’re looking for, your Tucson shopping experience is bound to be a success. The bustling city offers everything from Food Network-worthy dining to expensive art collectibles with new shops opening ever year. Your inner shopaholic will have no reason to ever leave.